The Coronavirus outbreak is continuously affecting lives all over the world. So, what can you do to help your community and family safe from this pandemic?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention urges people to practice everyday preventive actions to keep you and your family safe and healthy.
- Avoid large crowds and practice social distancing.
- Stay home as much as possible, and wear masks when going outside.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or with 70% alcohol-based rub, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing; going to the bathroom; and before eating or preparing food.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects.
- Launder items with the manufacturer’s instructions or using the warmest appropriate water setting for the items.
If you or one of your family members have symptoms, such as fever, cough, dry throat, or have trouble breathing, please call your medical provider and follow their instructions. But often, most people can recover at home without the help of any specific treatments.
Here are the CDC’s instructions for people recovering at home:
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care. Please call your medical provider for severe symptoms. You can also call 911 or your local emergency facility ahead.
- Inform them you are calling with a COVID-19 situation.
- Provide a separate room and bathroom for sick household members (if possible).
- Provide them with clean disposable facemasks to wear at home, if available.
- Clean the sick room and bathroom as needed
- Avoid sharing personal items like utensils, food, and drinks.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or 70% alcohol-based rub.
For more information, please visit the CDC’s website at www.cdc.gov.
Direct Home Nurturing LLC is working closely with the local and state public health authorities and strictly following their protocols. You can guarantee that we will continuously find solutions to address all of your concerns while keeping you safe and healthy. Thank you for your support.